Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chassidic Art

My art has made as much of a transition towards Emes and Kedushah as my Ruach and Nefesh. It has been a great struggle to completely remake myself as an artist, sometimes even more so than remaking myself as a Jew. In the beginning my art was very forced and screamed "Look Im Jewish and I make Jewish art, see how Jewish it is!" I thank Ribono Shel Olam and his holy land of Eretz Yisroel for helping me find my place not just as a Chassidishe Yid, but as a Chassidishe Artist. Tomorrow I start my last semester of university. I will iy"H graduate with a B.F.A. in Printmaking. Ironically enough I graduate on Shavuos. After that my wife and I will Hashems blessing will go to Eretz Yisroel for an undetermined amount of time to fully submerge ourself in Torah Learning at Yeshiva Darche Noam and Midrashet Rachel V'Chaya. I have my first gallery open on April 5th, 2009 iy"H. I have a website that will be up iy"H soon which my blog will also be moving too. I can now say that which is something I rarely admit but I am finally now making conscience art and not ust pretty pictures. Stay tuned and check out.


Chassidic Cyclers
Silkscreen and Monoprint 2008

Chassidic Cycler
Silkscreen Spoke Card 2008

The Alter Vilna
Lithography before Color 2008

The Lubavitcher Rebbe
Silkscreen on Monoprint 2008


Long Beach Fixed
Lithography 2008

Rosh Hashana
Lithography 2008





No comments: